Impastato Chiropractic in Metairie is proud to offer Dry Needling to our patients! Dry Needling is a highly effective technique used to treat myofascial pain. Before defining what this technique is, it’s important for you to know what it is NOT.
- Dry Needling is NOT traditional Chinese acupuncture
- Dry Needling is NOT based on meridians and other theories developed 2000 years ago, which is not related to modern medical knowledge
- Dry Needling is NOT based on Qi, the pulse caused by a vital force
What You Should Know About Dry Needling
- Dry Needling certification requires 4 years of education of modern medicine. Dry Needling requires a solid foundation in knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, kinesiology and modern manual manipulation techniques
- Dry Needling requires 50 hours of clinical training
- The Clinical practice of Dry Needling is standardized, quantified, reproducible, and the prognosis is reliably predictable.
What is Dry Needling Used For?
- Local and systemic pain management.
- Improving joint biomechanics
- Reduction of inflammation
- Balancing the sympathetic nervous system
- Prevention of soft tissue dysfunction
- Promotion of overall health
- Optimizing sports performance
To learn more about Dry Needling or to make an appointment, contact us today. We are fully certified in Dry Needling, and proudly serve patients in New Orleans, Metairie and the surrounding cities.